The Department of Defense policy authorizes National Guard participation in public events such as:
- Military vehicles **No tanks or armored vehicles
- Color Guard
- Marching units
- Complete the DD2536 Request for Armed Forces Participation in Public Events (non-aviation)
- Fax your completed DD2536 to the New York State Division of Military and Naval Affairs Government Affairs Office - (518) 786-6127, ATTN: James Huelle or attach the form in a email to email@example.com
For assistance with this request process, contact the New York National Guard Government Affairs Office @ (518)786-4580.
Notes on Requests:
- Your request should be submitted 90 days prior to the event to be considered for support. Less than 90 days notice greatly reduces the chance that support will be available. Requests received within 15 days of the event will NOT be considered.
- Once the Government Affairs Office receives your request, it will be reviewed to determine your events eligibility. If approved, your request will be forwarded to an appropriate unit to determine resource availability
- Availability depends on training schedules, mission requirements and personnel. Approval of your request does not guarantee resource availability