Citizens Redoubt, 1776, New York County, New York City. Originally
called Badlam's Redoubt this defense mounted 8 guns and was built in spring
1776. The site was high ground, Rutger's Hill, at Market and Madison Streets.
After the Americans evacuated New York City, local citizens rebuilt it as Citizen's
Back to Forts A-D Index
New York State Division of Military and Naval Affairs: Military
February 18, 2006