Decker's Ferry Fort
Decker's Ferry Fort, 1779, Staten Island, Port Richmond. The
British used the burned stone house of a Tory named Decker to create a fort
January 1779. Described as a stone house fortified with loopholes and abatis.
Located opposite Bayone Neck facing today's Bayonne-Staten Island ferry landing
in Port Richmond on Kill van Kull.
Back to Forts A-D Index
New York State Division of Military and Naval Affairs: Military
February 19, 2006