Camp Fisher's Island
Camp Fisher's Island, 1879-1888 Suffolk County, Fishers Island.
Also known as Camp at Fisher's Island, Camp Creedmore, Camp R. N. Scott, and
Camp Stephen B. Luce. Temporary training camp on 8 mile long Fisher's Island
off the Northeast tip of Long Island, near New London, CT. Renamed by each garrison
that used it. In the 1900s was Headquarters of the Long Island Coast Guard.
In the 1940s named Fort Wright a coastal defense post.
Back to Forts E - L Index
New York State Division of Military and Naval Affairs: Military
February 19, 2006