Fishkill Barracks / Supply Depot
Fishkill Barracks / Supply Depot, 1776, Dutchess County,
Fishkill. Operated from 1776 to 1782. Barracks for 2,000 troops were located
one mile below the village of Fishkill on each side of today's Route 9. The
river port to the east, Fishkill Landing, is now the Town of Beacon. The depot
was on the east bank of the Hudson above Fish Kill. When the depot was started
Fishkill Cove or Wiccopee Pass to the south was fortified with 3 batteries.
This also was the east end of the 1777 chevaux-de-frise line from Pollopel's
(Bannerman's) Island to Fort Plumb Point near New Windsor on the west bank north
of the Murder's Kill.
Back to Forts E - L Index
New York State Division of Military and Naval Affairs: Military
February 19, 2006