Fort Frey, 1702, Montgomery County, Palatine Bridge. Site
is on Route 5 one mile west of Route 10 on the north bank of the Mohawk opposite
Canajoharie. The 1689 cabin of Hendrick Frey was palisaded by the British in
1702 and used until 1713 during the Queen Anne's War, in 1739 replaced with
loopholed stone building and used during the French and Indian War in the 1750s.
Back to Forts E - L Index
New York State Division of Military and Naval Affairs: Military
February 19, 2006