Fort Gage, 1758, Warren County, Town of Lake George. About
one mile South of Lake George Village, Fort William Henry. Reportedly fortified
early in French and Indian War 1758-1759, as a supply base for Fort William
Henry. Also used as Lord Howe's advance guard for Abercrombies troops in 1758.
Named for Brigadier General Thomas Gage, second in command under Amherst in
Back to Forts E - L Index
New York State Division of Military and Naval Affairs: Military
February 19, 2006