Grenadier's Battery: April 1776, New York County, New York.
A circular battery on bank of Hudson River near Washington and Harrison Streets,
with a line or breastworks along the river to Hubert Street. 1780, in British
hands the Battery was reconstructed into a redoubt and renamed Foundry Redoubt.
Back to Forts E - L Index
New York State Division of Military and Naval Affairs: Military
February 19, 2006