Fort Hardy: August 1755, Saratoga County, Schuylerville.
Built by General Phinehas Lyman at North West intersection of the Fish Kill
and Hudson River (Site of ferry accross Hudson and one of the first bridges).
Named for Sir Charles Hardy, Governor of NY. Intended as supply post for expeditions
against Crown Point. (The Johnson Expedition).
Back to Forts E - L Index
New York State Division of Military and Naval Affairs: Military
February 19, 2006