Haver Island: 1777, Albany County, Cohoes (Peebles Island).
May have been used as a Camp Grounds along with adjacent Van Schaick Island
as early as 1709. Van Schaick and Haver Islands again used as a Camp and Supply
Depot in 1777. Three earthenwork Batteries, possibly with blockhouses, were
constructed by Kosciusco Aug 1777. Site occupied into 1782 due to conflicts
Back to Forts E - L Index
New York State Division of Military and Naval Affairs: Military
February 19, 2006