Fort Ingoldsby: Built during Queen Anne's War in 1709 near
present Stillwater, on the Hudson, by Col. Schuyler. Named for Lt Governor.
as supply post for Nicholson Expedition. Reconstructed in 1756 as Ft
Winslow. See also Stillwater
Blockhouse for a reconstruction of a typical period blockhouse, formerly
Neilson, Bemis Heights, from original barn timbers.
Fort Ingoldsby built 1709
Fort Winslow built 1756
Montressor's Blockhouse &
Storehouse Barracks 1758
Schuylers Supply Depot 1777
Back to Forts E - L Index
New York State Division of Military and Naval Affairs: Military
February 20, 2006