Fort Little Niagara
Fort Little Niagara: 1750, Niagara County, Niagara Falls.
A small blockhouse and storehouse was first errected in 1745 at a location known
as "Frenchman's Landing." In 1751 the upper end of the portage from Fort Niagara was moved a few hundred yards South and Fort Little Niagara or Fort du Portage
was constructed. Consisted of three good sized blockhouses with palisades between
them and the river. Destroyed when abandoned in 1759 at the approach of the
English. Rebuilt by British as Fort Schlosser in 1760.
Back to Forts E - L Index
New York State Division of Military and Naval Affairs: Military
February 20, 2006