Lower Fort (1): Old Stone Fort, Schoharie, 1777. Lower Fort still stands today and is used as a museum. Built as a Dutch Reformed church in 1772, its walls of Schoharie limestone made it a formidable structure. Begun in 1777 it was enclosed in a stockade containing about one acre. In 1778 blockhouses were added at the southeast and northeast corners. Huts and a tavern were constructed on the interior west side. Attacked by British, Loyalists and Indians 17 Oct 1780, not taken. The stockade was removed around 1786. Located near Schoharie Creek North of village of Schoharie.
Lower Fort (2): Fort Delaware of PA across from Cohecton,Sullivan County NY
New York State Division of Military and Naval Affairs: Military