North Redoubt: 1778, Garrison, American. In 1778
as part of the enlarged defenses of West Point two redoubts (North and South)
built two miles southeast of Constitution Island in the highlands en-route
to Continental Village. Constructed on two sides of the hill now known as Fort
Hill between the Village of Garrison and US Route 9.
Back to Forts M-P Index
New York State Division of Military and Naval Affairs: Military
February 20, 2006