Fort Oghwaga (Oquaga)
Fort Oghwaga (Oquaga): 1757, Broome County, on
the Susquehana River (at what is now East Windsor or Ououquaga, 20 miles below
of the Western terminus of canoe carry (now Route 17) from the Delaware River.
This fort was occupied by loyalists and indians friendly to the crown in the
Revolutionary War. Destroyed in a raid out of Middle Fort, Schoharie valley,
by Ltc. Butler on 9 Oct 1778.
Back to Forts M-P Index
New York State Division of Military and Naval Affairs: Military
February 20, 2006