Fort Rickey: 1759, Oneida County. Built Jul-Dec 1759 as a post at West Canada Creek and Wood Creek junctions for 50 troops. A t-shaped fort of 80' by 30' in its main section. Basically an outpost of Fort
Stanwix at the Wood Creek carry point and dam. In ruins by 1776.
Back to Forts Q - S Index
New York State Division of Military and Naval Affairs: Military
February 21, 2006