Fort Ste. Frederic
Fort Ste. Frederic (at Crown Point): 1734/37- 1759, Essex County, Crown Point. Fortifications were started by the French in 1734.
Until 1759 Ft. Ste. Frederic was the seat of French power on Lake Champlain.
The French destroyed the Redoute of the fort in 1759 before the advancing British. The British occupied the remaining buildings
as a Hospital until the construction of Fort Crown Point was completed. Foundations remain, open to public.
For more information see
(link opens new window)
Back to Forts Q - S Index
New York State Division of Military and Naval Affairs: Military
February 24, 2006