Whitehall Battery: Feb-May 1776, New York City. Located just east of the Grand Battery in what had been Whitehall Dock (now South Ferry) and behind Washington's Headquarters at #1 Broadway. The British retained the works and made improvements in 1782.
Back to Forts T - Z Index
New York State Division of Military and Naval Affairs: Military
February 25, 2006