Fort Windecker: 1777, Montgomery County, Minden. Stockaded and fortified farm of Johannes Windecker, with a blockhouse in one corner of the stockade. Located on the River Road, south of the Mohawk River, in the Village of Minden, and 1 1/2 miles south of St. Johnsville (North side of river) and 8 miles northwest of Fort Plain. Removed after the Revolutionary War.
Back to Forts T - Z Index
New York State Division of Military and Naval Affairs: Military
February 25, 2006