New York State Military Museum and Veterans Research Center - Links
    Links  
  Home
  About the Museum
  Contact Us
  Articles
  Armories & Arsenals
  Events
  Education
  Flags
  Forts
  Heraldry
  Links
  Pictures
  Press
  Research
  Unit History Project
  Veteran's Oral History
  Search
   
  DMNA Homepage
  NYARNG
  NYANG
  NYG
  NY Naval Militia
  Friends
 

Oneonta Academy Street Armory (1885-1904)

Street address: Academy Street at Fairview Avenue
City: Oneonta
County: Otsego
Year constructed: 1885
Architect: Unknown
Size : Company
Square footage: Unknown
Acreage: Unknown
Status: Demolished in 1904 for new armory

 

Units Stationed:
Years:
1st Separate Company 1875 - 1877
3rd Separate Company 1877 - 1897
Co. G, 1st Infantry Regiment, New York Volunteers Spanish American War
Co. G, 1st Infantry Regiment 1899 - 1916
   
   
   
   

 

History

Prior to this armory being built, Company B rented space in "Military Hall" from 1860 -1874. The Stanton Opera House was used for unit drills starting in 1874. In 1904, this building was torn down to make way for a new armory on this site which was occupied from 1904 - 2003.

Images

 

New York State Division of Military and Naval Affairs: Military History
Last modified: October 31, 2012
URL: http://www.dmna.state.ny.us/historic/links/armories/Oneonta.htm