New York State Adjutant General William Irvine received
the 13th Independent Battery’s regimental flag and deposited it
within the battle flag collection on August 24, 1865. Both embroidered
and painted battle honors decorate this two-sided, silk flag. In 1972,
restorers removed the staff sleeve and fringe and then added the netting.
When they reassembled the flag, they put the staff sleeve on backwards.
A small area of a painted battle honor from the back now appears on
the front. (02.130)