The 14th Cavalry’s standard features the Arms of the State of New York painted on the obverse and the Arms of the City of New York painted on the reverse. The painted presentation inscription on the lower ribbon, "Presented by the City of New York.," appears on both sides and reads left to right. Colonel Abram Bassford deposited this flag in the collection on August 4, 1865. (2006.0311)
See 14th Cavlary History Pagefor more information about this unit.