The 20th Regiment Cavalry, or “McClellan Cavalry,” organized at Sackett’s Harbor and mustered into service for three years in September 1863 under Colonel Newton Lord. This silk general guide flag in the U.S. National pattern includes 34 embroidered stars in six horizontal rows of 6-6-5-5-6-6, semi-block numbers with shadow effects, and script state affiliation, “N.Y.V.C.,” or New York Volunteer Cavalry. The regiment deposited this flag with the state on August 23, 1865. 2001.0053
See 20th Cavlary History Pagefor more information about this unit.