The 20th Regiment Cavalry, or “McClellan Cavalry,” organized at Sackett’s Harbor and mustered into service for three years in September 1863 under Colonel Newton Lord. This embroidered national flag, pieced together using 1/8" flat-felled seams, includes 34 cream-colored stars and inscription, "McClellan Cavalry, 20th N.Y.V.C." The regiment deposited this flag into the state flag collection on August 23, 1865.(2006.0316)
See 20th Cavlary History Pagefor more information about this unit.