The 6th Regiment Cavalry
mustered into service by company from September to December
1861. When the term expired, those entitled were discharged and the
in service as “Veteran
as indicated by the “N.Y.S.V.V.” on these blue, silk flank
markers. Both flags feature painted inscriptions and a semi-elliptical
red shield in the center on both sides. “N.Y.S.V.V.” and
“CAVALRY.” are in mirror image on the reverse for both.