A pair of silk general guide flags in the
US National pattern with 35 embroidered stars in six horizontal rows
of 6-6-6-5-6-6, semi-block numbers with shadow effects, and script state
affiliation, “N.Y.S.V.” Known as the St. Lawrence County
Regiment, the 106th Regiment organized at Ogdensburg under Colonel Schuyler
Judd and his successor, Col Edward James, and mustered into service
for three years on August 27, 1862. The regiment deposited their flags
with the state on July 17, 1865.