The blue, silk flank markers carried by the 132nd
Regiment feature painted inscriptions in gold, shadowed in red, along
the top and bottom. Also, each includes a red painted shield in the
center, framed with a gold painted border, and the regiment’s
numeric designation painted in gold and shadowed in crimson. “N.Y.S.V.” and “REGIMENT.” are
in mirror image on the reverse while the numeric designation reads
left to right on the reverse. The regiment deposited these flank markers
with the state on August 24, 1865.