The NYS Battle Flag Collection includes two silk, swallowtail guidons carried by the 147th Regiment New York Volunteer Infantry. Each guidon conforms to the “stars and stripes” pattern prescribed in General Order No. 4, dated January 18, 1862. The cantons include bronze-colored, painted stars in the typical, concentric circles pattern. Each guidon originally included 35 stars. The regiment mustered out in June 1865 and turned the guidons over to New York State's Adjutant General who then deposited the flags in the Battle Flag Collection.
See the 147th Infantry Regiment History Page for more information about the unit.New York State Division of Military and Naval Affairs: Military History