A pair of blue silk flank markers with 1/8” wide white trim and the 2nd Division, VI Corps badge in silk sewn to the center within a cut out section. The regiment’s number in red is sewn to each badge. The number appears in reverse when hoist is positioned on the left. Each flag includes red, white and blue ties along the hoist for attachment to its staff. The 49th Regiment served within the 3rd brigade, 2nd Division, VI Corps, Army of the Potomac from May 1862 until mustered out under Colonel George Selkirk on June 27, 1865 at Washington, D.C.
See the 49th Infantry Regiment History Pagefor more information about the unit.New York State Division of Military and Naval Affairs: Military History