The 77th Regiment, organized in Saratoga
Springs, mustered into service in November 1861 for three years. When
the term expired, the regiment continued in service, five companies
strong. The 77th Regiment carried these silk flank markers featuring
the 2nd Division, 6th Corps badge from November 1864 to July 1865. The
fabric badge, decorated with two rows of fish-tail braided blue yarn,
was pieced into a center cut-out section of the flag. The number appears
in reverse when hoist is positioned on the left.