|Unit History Project|
4th Battalion of Artillery (Heavy)
Received its numerical designation: September 16, 1862
This battalion was organized at Sackett's Harbor, and received its numerical designation September 16, 1862. It served at Fort Richmond, New York harbor; was discontinued December 31, 1862, and its Companies A, B, C and D transferred to the 10th Artillery, as Companies E, D, M and B, respectively.
New York State Division of Military and Naval Affairs: Military History