New York State Militia
New York National Guard
12th New York Regiment, Engineers at Camp Anderson, 1861
LEFT TO RIGHT
12 th REGIMENT: COMPANY OF ENGINEERS
2. H. Tracy Arnold. (sitting in camp chair)
3. A. Henry Thurston. Surgeon.
4. Clarence Delafield. (on left of Surgeon Thurston)
5. Sgt-Major E. M. Fisher. (killed at battle of Gaines Mills)
6. Adjutant Frederick T. Locke. (writing an order)
8. Captain Benjamin Church. (pointing at map)
9. Corporal Henry W. Merriam. (lost his life at sea on the Monitor)
11. Sergeant Henry Baldwin.
12. Asst. Surgeon Robert T. Wier
14. Charles A. Carleton. (standing i n the doorway)
15. David Lyon.
16. Pierre T. C. Richards (raising his cap)
17. William S. Blunt. (in uniform with musket)
18. Eugene C. Imlay. Drummer, far right.
19. Edmund Blunt, J r . (seated on box)
20. James A. Scrymser. (seated)
21. Lt. Francis C. Barlow, Co. F. (seated)
For a better quality image you can download the two separate scans of this image.
These images are quite large.
Back to Civil War Infantry Units
New York State Division of Military and Naval Affairs: Military History
January 21, 2011