What you need to do before retiring:
1. Use this retirement checklist to assist in completing all requirements.
2. Letter requesting retirement sent through chain of command to MNHF-AGR, JFHQ, Latham, NY 12110
3. Contact your Unit Admin and update the following: SGLV, DD93, and Enlisted Record Brief (ERB)/ Officer Record Brief (ORB)
4. You must complete the multi-day Army Career and Alumni (ACAP) briefing at one of the following locations:
You may also register at your local Active Army facility by visiting the ACAP Express website:
5. Get a retirement physical (MUST be within 6 months of RETIREMENT DATE) at one of the following locations:
FORT DRUM: (315) 774-1117/2778
WEST POINT: (845) 938-7992/7993
6. Submit your DA 31 for 20 days Permissive Temporary Duty (PTDY) (if granted by commander) and a second DA 31 for your transitional leave, ending on your retirement date.
Transitional leave and PTDY must first be approved in the FTSMCS Leave Log System. Once entered and approved by Leave Log approval authority, the PTDY DA Form 31s must be printed and an O-5 must sign in Blocks 12 & 13. O-5 must print name, rank, and title below signature.
7. Request your medical records from the records custodian in MEDCOM (518) 270-1549, Watervliet Arsenal, Watervliet, NY. You will need to bring your medical records to your retirement physical and final out-processing.
8. When you go for final out-processing, you also need to bring your CAC card and know your pin.
What MNHF-AGR will do for you:
1. Consolidate your Active duty/AGR orders and DD214s.
2. Get your updated RPAS statement.
3. Schedule your final retirement briefing at the authorized Transition Center, before the start of your leave and/or PTDY.
4. Send all documents to specified Transition Center for processing before you get there.
5. Complete your retirement orders and forward orders to Soldier and specified Transition Center.
For additional information contact:
AGR Branch Manager at (518) 786-4488
AGR SGM at (518) 786-4626