DIVISION OF MILITARY and NAVAL AFFAIRS
JOINT FORCES HEADQUARTERS
Announcement CD 14-8, New York Army and Air National Guard Members, Statewide, are eligible. FULL TIME NATIONAL GUARD DUTY - COUNTERDRUG WORK (FTNGD-CD)
OPENING DATE: 1 Jan 14 CLOSING DATE: 17 Jan 14
POSITION: Criminal Analyst
LENGTH OF TOUR: On/About 1 Feb 14 – 30 Sep 2014 (Possibly extended to next FY dependent upon mission funding)
MINIMUM GRADE: E4 MAXIMUM GRADE: E6
MILITARY REQUIREMENTS AND OTHER SELECTIVE PLACEMENT FACTORS: This vacancy announcement is for Full Time National Guard Duty - Counterdrug Work (FTNGD-CD) under Title 32 USC Sec 502 (f). Length of tour is dependent upon mission funding.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES: Provide assistance to Law Enforcement Agencies (LEAs) in developing investigations and cases for prosecutions. Activities include but not limited to, inputting, reviewing, and analyzing collected LEA information and providing such as legal and paralegal, and auditing assistance. Operational support to LEAs is designed to enhance the effectiveness of the supported agency and release law enforcement officers for drug enforcement duties. Experience in military intelligence is highly desirable. This category of support excludes such task as secretarial, janitorial or receptionist assistance. Position requires performance of additional weekends aside from Unit Training Assemblies. Provide support to community activities primarily designed to educate, train or otherwise prevent drug abuse among youth. Support of youth centers, drug-free events, community recreational programs, safe havens, and community mobilization events. Develops and provides support to Community Based Organizations (CBOs) to assist in development of coalitions organized to reduce the illegal use of drugs.
ADDITIONAL POSITION INFORMATION: Duties may require additional nights and weekends aside from unit training assemblies.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Individuals meeting qualification requirements may apply by submitting the following documents as a complete package:
· Full Time National Guard Duty - Counterdrug Position Application (CDTF Form 10-8). Announcement number and position title must be annotated on this form.
· Copy of soldier’s Periodic Health Assessment (PHA) and Medical Protection System (MEDPROS) printout or Airman’s Preventive Health Assessment and Individual Medical Readiness Status printout from the AF Portal (Current PHA within one year of start of orders). Must meet the physical standards for retention without temporary profiles at the time of selection in accordance with AR 40-501, Chapter 3 and Chapter 10 and AFI 48-123, Chapter 3 and Atchs 2, 9 and 19.
· Three (3) most recent NCOERs/EPRs (if applicable).
· NGB FORM 23B (RPAS) and PQR (Army) or complete vMPF printout with point summary (Air).
· Resume of civilian and military skills.
· Last two physical fitness scores (one within last six months of start of orders).
· Verification of security clearance.
· Recommendation letter from Unit Commander
Application MUST reach the address indicated below NLT the closing date specified in order to receive consideration. Incomplete packets will not be considered. Applicant must reside within reasonable commuting distance.
National Guard Counterdrug Program
ATTN: Director of Personnel
1 ANG Rd
Scotia, NY 12302
or emailed to J3DOCDJ1@ang.af.mil
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
on active duty. These requirements are in addition to testing by units of assignment during IDT/IAD under the JNGSAP.
are privy to operational information of LEAs. Applicants will be informed that
such inquiries are likely to be completed after entry on duty and that rejection by LEAs could result in their removal from the CD program.
They are required to uphold the highest standards of conduct and personal appearance.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY: Consideration for placement and evaluation of qualifications will be made on a fair and equitable basis without regard to race, religion, color, lawful political affiliation, marital status, sex or national origin.
Counterdrug: FT jobs
Latest-Update: 31 Dec 13