DIVISION OF MILITARY and NAVAL AFFAIRS
JOINT FORCES HEADQUARTERS
Announcement CD 14-6, New York Army and Air National Guard Members, Nationwide, are eligible. FULL TIME NATIONAL GUARD DUTY - COUNTERDRUG WORK (FTNGD-CD)
OPENING DATE: 1 Jan 14 CLOSING DATE: 1 Feb 14
POSITION: J2/Intelligence Officer
LENGTH OF TOUR: 1 Mar 2014 – 30 Sep 2014 (Length of tour is dependent upon mission funding)
MINIMUM GRADE: W2/2LT MAXIMUM GRADE: CW4/O3
LOCATION: Greater Albany Area
MILITARY REQUIREMENTS AND OTHER SELECTIVE PLACEMENT FACTORS: This vacancy announcement is for Full Time National Guard Duty - Counterdrug Work (FTNGD-CD) under Title 32 USC Sec 502 (f). Length of tour is dependent upon mission funding.
· Advisor to the Counterdrug Coordinator on all NYS drug threats, criminal analyst issues/concerns, analyst training, and other assigned duties.
· Assigned to the state fusion center for the purposes of creating intelligence products, assisting with database creation, and advising staff on military-related intelligence processes.
· Executes the Intelligence Oversight program.
· Aids Counterdrug Leadership in placement of criminal analyst at law enforcement agencies to ensure placement within current or project drug threats to the state of NY
· Liaisons with DMNA, DOD entities, and many LEAs. Presents CDTF capabilities, coordinates mission planning, and executes MOUs.
· NGB Criminal Analyst Working Group member; liaisons with other state analysts, develops SOPs, and develops training curriculums.
· Applicant must reside within reasonable commuting distance.
· Military Intelligence or law enforcement experience preferred
· TS or ability to obtain TS clearance
ADDITIONAL POSITION INFORMATION: Duties may require additional nights and weekends aside from unit training assemblies. Duty start date is dependent upon results of physical exam in accordance with AR 40-501, Chapter 3 and Chapter 10 and AFI 48-123, Chapter 3 and Atchs 2, 9 and 19
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Individuals meeting qualification requirements may apply by submitting the following documents as a complete package:
· Full Time National Guard Duty - Counterdrug Position Application (CDTF Form 10-8). Announcement number and position title must be annotated on this form.
· Copy of soldier’s Periodic Health Assessment (PHA) and Medical Protection System (MEDPROS) printout or Airman’s Preventive Health Assessment and Individual Medical Readiness Status printout from the AF Portal (HIV within 6 months of start of orders).
· Three (3) most recent OERs/OPRs (if applicable).
· NGB FORM 23B (RPAS) and PQR (Army) or complete vMPF printout with point summary (Air).
· Resume of civilian and military skills.
· Last two physical fitness scores (one within 6 months of start of orders).
· Verification of security clearance.
· Recommendation letter from Unit Commander
Application MUST reach the address correct address or be postmarked NLT the closing date specified in order to receive consideration. Incomplete packets will be filed without action.
National Guard Counterdrug Program
ATTN: Director of Personnel
1 ANG Rd
Scotia, NY 12302
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
· Urinalysis testing is required upon entry on active duty, and personnel are subject to periodic testing while
on active duty. These requirements are in addition to testing by units of assignment during IDT/IAD under the JNGSAP.
· Requirement to continue attendance at IDT/IAD and AT while on FTNGDCD.
· Status of funding from year to year.
· Probability of criminal records checks, and/or security screening by LEAs of applicants serving in LEA offices or in positions where they
are privy to operational information of LEAs. Applicants will be informed that
such inquiries are likely to be completed after entry on duty and that rejection by LEAs could result in their removal from the CD program.
· Standards of Conduct.
o National Guard members participating in the Counterdrug Support Program are required to comply with state laws and with DoD 5500.7-R.
They are required to uphold the highest standards of conduct and personal appearance.
o Outside employment, associations and off-duty conduct/activities must be consistent with federal directives on ethics and with state and federal conflict of interest policies. Outside employment will require written approval of CDC according to para 8-25 NGR 500-2.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY: Consideration for placement and evaluation of qualifications will be made on a fair and equitable basis without regard to race, religion, color, lawful political affiliation, marital status, sex or national origin.
Counterdrug: FT jobs
Latest-Update: 31 Dec 13