DIVISION OF MILITARY and NAVAL AFFAIRS
JOINT FORCES HEADQUARTERS
Announcement CD 14-15, New York Army and Air National Guard Members, statewide, are eligible. FULL TIME NATIONAL GUARD DUTY - COUNTERDRUG WORK (FTNGD-CD)
OPENING DATE: 17 Apr 14 CLOSING DATE: 1 May 14
POSITION: Linguist/Translators - Mandarin, Portuguese, Arabic and Russian(Two positions available for each language)
LENGTH OF TOUR: On/About 15 May 14 – 30 Sep 2014
MINIMUM GRADE: n/a MAXIMUM GRADE: n/a
MILITARY REQUIREMENTS AND OTHER SELECTIVE PLACEMENT FACTORS: This vacancy announcement is for Full Time National Guard Duty - Counterdrug Work (FTNGD-CD) under Title 32 USC Sec 502 (f). Length of tour is dependent upon mission funding.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES: DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Partner with National Guard Bureau, the NY Counterdrug Task Force and University of Kansas Community Tool Box (CTB) to assist with the translation of several documents within the CTB from English into the target language. Quality assurance/control will be done with collaborating linguists.
· Weekly updates are to be done through the CBT while command and control will be with HQ NY Counterdrug Task Force
· This category of support excludes such tasks as secretarial, janitorial and/or receptionist assistance.
ADDITIONAL POSITION INFORMATION: Duties may require additional nights and weekends aside from unit training assemblies.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Individuals meeting qualification requirements may apply by submitting the following documents as a complete package:
· Full Time National Guard Duty - Counterdrug Position Application (CDTF Form 10-8). Announcement number and position title must be annotated on this form.
· Copy of soldier’s Periodic Health Assessment (PHA) and Medical Protection System (MEDPROS) printout or Airman’s Preventive Health Assessment and Individual Medical Readiness Status printout from the AF Portal (Current PHA within one year of start of orders and HIV current within 6 months). Must meet the physical standards for retention without temporary profiles at the time of selection in accordance with AR 40-501, Chapter 3 and Chapter 10 and AFI 48-123, Chapter 3 and Atchs 2, 9 and 19.
· Three (3) most recent NCOERs/EPRs (if applicable).
· NGB FORM 23B (RPAS) and PQR (Army) or complete vMPF printout with point summary (Air).
· Resume of civilian and military skills.
· Last two physical fitness scores (one within last six months).
· Verification of security clearance.
· Recommendation letter from Unit Commander
Application MUST reach the address indicated below NLT the closing date specified in order to receive consideration. Incomplete packets will not be considered. Applicant must reside within reasonable commuting distance.
National Guard Counterdrug Program
ATTN: Director of Personnel
1 ANG Rd
Scotia, NY 12302
or emailed to J3DOCDJ1@ang.af.mil
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
on active duty. These requirements are in addition to testing by units of assignment during IDT/IAD under the JNGSAP.
are privy to operational information of LEAs. Applicants will be informed that
such inquiries are likely to be completed after entry on duty and that rejection by LEAs could result in their removal from the CD program.
They are required to uphold the highest standards of conduct and personal appearance.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY: Consideration for placement and evaluation of qualifications will be made on a fair and equitable basis without regard to race, religion, color, lawful political affiliation, marital status, sex or national origin.
Counterdrug: FT jobs
Latest-Update: 17 Apr 14