DIVISION OF MILITARY and NAVAL AFFAIRS
JOINT FORCES HEADQUARTERS
Announcement CD 14-21, New York Army and Air National Guard Members, statewide, are eligible. FULL TIME NATIONAL GUARD DUTY - COUNTERDRUG WORK (FTNGD-CD)
OPENING DATE: 30 JUN 14 CLOSING DATE: 14 JUL 14
POSITION: Counterdrug Northeast Region Coordinator
LENGTH OF TOUR: 01 AUG 14 – 30 SEP 14 (extending to 30 SEP 15 upon satisfactory performance during first month of assignment)
MINIMUM GRADE: 03 MAXIMUM GRADE: 04
LOCATION: East Greenbush, NY
MILITARY REQUIREMENTS AND OTHER SELECTIVE PLACEMENT FACTORS: This vacancy announcement is for Full Time National Guard Duty - Counterdrug Work (FTNGD-CD) under Title 32 USC Sec 502 (f). Length of tour is dependent upon mission funding but will not exceed 30 Sep 2015.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES: DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Primary responsibility as principle leadership for the control of the NYNG Counterdrug TF Northeast Region (25 Counties) . Primary duties include supervision and administration of the Counterdrug mission support and personnel. Responsible for the planning, training, operational effectiveness, safety and welfare of 20+ Soldiers and Airmen in Counterdrug missions. Ensure mission support IAW NGR 500-2 to local, State and Federal law enforcement agencies (LEAs) and community based organizations (CBOs). Acts as liaison between numerous LEAs and CBOs for strategic and operations planning and coordination. Also responsible for the accountability, inspection, servicing and maintenance of CD vehicles and equipment as hand receipt holder of all state, Army and Air Force property issued to region. Other duties as required/assigned
ADDITIONAL POSITION INFORMATION: Duties may require additional nights and weekends aside from unit training assemblies. Duty start date is dependent upon results of physical exam in accordance with AR 40-501, Chapter 3 and Chapter 10 and AFI 48-123, Chapter 3 and Atchs 2, 9 and 19
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Individuals meeting qualification requirements may apply by submitting the following documents as a complete package:
· Full Time National Guard Duty - Counterdrug Position Application (CDTF Form 10-8). Announcement number and position title must be annotated on this form.
· Copy of soldier’s Periodic Health Assessment (PHA) and Medical Protection System (MEDPROS) printout or Airman’s Preventive Health Assessment and Individual Medical Readiness Status printout from the AF Portal (Current PHA within one year of start of orders and HIV current within 6 months). Must meet the physical standards for retention without temporary profiles at the time of selection in accordance with AR 40-501, Chapter 3 and Chapter 10 and AFI 48-123, Chapter 3 and Atchs 2, 9 and 19.
· Three (3) most recent NCOERs/EPRs (if applicable).
· NGB FORM 23B (RPAS) and PQR (Army) or complete vMPF printout with point summary (Air).
· Resume of civilian and military skills.
· Last two physical fitness scores (one within last six months).
· Verification of security clearance.
· Recommendation letter from Unit Commander
Application MUST reach the address indicated below NLT the closing date specified in order to receive consideration. Incomplete packets will not be considered. Applicant must reside within reasonable commuting distance.
National Guard Counterdrug Program
ATTN: Director of Personnel
1 ANG Rd
Scotia, NY 12302
or emailed to J3DOCDJ1@ang.af.mil
· QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS: Individual must possess excellent communication skills
· Must have demonstrated organizational/supervisory skills
· Personnel must be eligible for FTNGDCD IAW ARNG or ANG requirements.
· Personnel must receive a written recommendation from their unit commander
· ARNG Personnel must meet medical retention standards as set forth in AR 40-501 Chapter 3 and Chapter 10.
· ANG personnel must meet the medical retention standards as set forth in AFI 48-123 Chapter 3 and Attachments 2, 9, and 19.
· Urinalysis testing is required upon entry on active duty, and personnel are subject to periodic testing while on active duty. These requirements are in addition to testing by units of assignment during IDT/IAD under the JNGSAP.
· Requirement to continue attendance at IDT/IAD and AT while on FTNGDCD.
· Status of funding from year to year.
· Probability of criminal records check, and/or security screening will be conducted. Applicants will be informed that such inquiries are likely to be completed after entry on duty and that negative or unfavorable information received could result in their removal from the CD program.
· Standards of Conduct.
o National Guard members participating in the Counterdrug Support Program are required to comply with state laws and with DoD 5500.7-R. They are required to uphold the highest standards of conduct and personal appearance.
o Outside employment, associations and off-duty conduct/activities must be consistent with federal directives on ethics and with state and federal conflict of interest policies. Outside employment will require written approval of CDC according to para 8-25 NGR 500-2.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY: Consideration for placement and evaluation of qualifications will be made on a fair and equitable basis without regard to race, religion, color, lawful political affiliation, marital status, sex or national origin.
Latest-Update: 30 June 14