New York ARNG AGR Application Instructions:
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA: Applications will be accepted from individuals who meet the prerequisites of NGR 600-5 and AR 135-18, as outlined in the announcement. Individual must be able to serve at least 5 years on AD or FTNGD status prior to completing 18 years of Active Federal Service (AFS). The date of mandatory removal from an active status is based on age or service (without any extensions) under any provision of law or regulation as prescribed by current
Positions are a three-year active duty tour with career potential.
NOTE: NEW YORK ARMY NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. Individual selected will be ordered to Full Time National Guard Duty in an Active Guard/Reserve status under provisions of Title 32, U.S.C., and Section 502 (f). Soldiers on Title 32 duty are subject to the provisions of New York State Military Law. Soldiers selected will participate with the unit of assignment during all periods of Unit Training Assemblies, and Annual Training.
TOUR CONTINUATION: Applicants are advised that consideration for continuation of their tour beyond the initial period is dependent upon satisfactory performance, successful completion of required course of instruction, and continued compliance with weight standards of AR 600-9. Approval of initial tour as well as request for tour renewal is at the discretion of the Adjutant General.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY: The New York National Guard is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Personnel on Title 32 Tours will be protected under Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 against discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, or national origin.
- Must meet height and weight standards of AR 600-9.
- Must be able to pass the Army Physical Fitness Test (APFT).
- Must not be under current suspension of favorable personnel actions.
- Must be medically qualified under the provisions of Chapter 3 of AR 40-501 Retention Standards. (A Chapter 3 physical, within two years of start date,
must be provided prior to accession in the AGR program.)
- Applicants who have voluntarily resigned from the AGR Program are not eligible to reenter for one (1) year from date of separation. Soldiers who voluntarily
resigned from the AGR Program in lieu of adverse personnel actions or who have been involuntarily separated from the AGR Program are not eligible to reenter
- If any PULHES indicator reflect three or higher MMRB (Medical MOS Review Board) must be accomplished before start date for all MOS's held.
- Must meet the criteria of applicable regulations to obtain MOS/AOC.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLYING:
Interested soldiers must submit the following mandatory documents (applications received without these documents will be returned without action):
All pages must be printed 1 side only.
- NGB FORM 34-1 — Application for Active Guard/Reserve (AGR) Position
Pure Edge Viewer software is required to complete this form and is available here
- DMNA Form 10 — Notification of Results for NY National Guard AGR Position
- Current copy of DA Form 705, (ARMY PHYSICAL FITNESS TEST SCORE CARD). At least the last three (3) tests must be provided. Must have completed an APFT within the last six (6) months from date of application.
- Personnel Qualification Record or ERB/ORB. A true current copy obtained only from your unit administrator. ERB (Enlisted Record Brief), ORB (Officer Record Brief) or PQR (Personnel Qualification Record) must be obtained by completing DA Form 543 and forwarding it to Soldiers’ UA (Unit Administrator). The Battalion S-1 will then forward the ERB/ORB/PQR to the Army AGR office.
- Copies and last five (5) NCOER'S or OERS. Individuals in the rank of E4 & below must provide a statement from their unit commander as to their abilities and character of service.
- DD Form 214 (Statement of Active Service). Must submit all Member Copy 4 of DD Form 214's from all Active Duty service. Not required for On Board NYARNG AGR Personnel. On board AGR personnel will provide a copy of their RPAS/RPAM.
NOTE: Packet must include copy of most current physical. At time of selection Soldier will be required to complete a chapter three physical within 24-months of start date. If selected, soldier must submit a DA form 7349 reviewed and validated, through a personal interview, by the State Surgeon. The DA 7349 must be accomplished within 60 days prior to the first day of AGR duty.
COMPLETION OF APPLICATION: Applicants must type or print in legible dark ink and SIGN AND DATE each application. Applications will only be accepted if they are physically received in the Human Resources Office by 1200 hours on the closing date of the vacancy announcement. A separate application is required for each vacancy announcement.
MAILING APPLICATIONS: Submit your application to: DMNA-SNY, ATTN: MNHF-AGR, 330 Old Niskayuna Road, Latham, NY 12110-3514. Federal law prohibits the use of government envelopes, postage, or facsimile for submission of applications or resume' for this vacancy announcement.
PRIVACY ACT STATEMENT. Authority: Title 32 Section 502 (f), United States Code.
Principle purpose: To permit National Guard Soldiers to apply voluntarily for AGR positions.
Routine Use:Used by National Guard officials to aid in the selection of the best qualified soldier for positions to be filled.
Disclosure: Voluntary. Failure to provide information requested may result in not being selected.
For additional information call (518) 786-4732 or DSN 489-4732, or Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
NYS DMNA Home page | Current AGR Job Positions