SFS Has "GONE LIVE"
On Sunday, April 1, the Statewide Financial System (SFS) replaced the former NYS Central Accounting System. During the first two weeks of April, SFS and the individual State agencies worked diligently to convert essential data from the old system into the new. On Friday, April 13, the SFS Governance Board released an announcement notifying that the new Statewide Financial System (SFS) is operational.
SFS Outage for Network Maintenance
An SFS outage for routine maintenance will occur on the 3rd Sunday of each month
DO NOT CONDUCT SFS TRANSACTIONS DURING THIS PERIOD
July Month-End Outage Schedule
* Tuesday, 7/31 10:00 PM: SFS will close the system to users.* Wednesday, 8/1 by 10:00 AM: SFS access is expected to be restored for users.
SFS has anounced that the new SFS website is launched! The home page URL is the same: www.sfs.ny.gov. (If you don’t see the new site yet, try rebooting your computer.)
A few key features and reminders:
· Hover over the top navigation items (Overview, User Resources, Agency Strategic Resources) – the mega menus will expand, allowing you to see the entire content in a given section.
· You’ll notice that in addition to a more streamlined look, we’ve refocused the site’s content to be organized by audience. Agency Finance Office users, Travel and Expense only users, and Vendor users can click on their respective portal button, and go directly to their relevant content – allowing them to more easily find what they need.
· Just below the user portal buttons are links to some of the most-used SFS website content: Training, Stabilization (which replaces the old Go-Live Dashboard), Security, and News and Information.
- We now have a separate System Status area for updates on outages and system access. We will NO LONGER gray-out the system Login buttons when the system is not available.
· REMINDER: Any bookmarks or links from the old site will NO LONGER work. We encourage you to use the Web Site Crosswalk <http://www.sfs.ny.gov/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=240:crosswalk&catid=81:about-sfs> (accessible from the home page) – it lists the former page titles and URLs of the old site’s most commonly used pages, and links to their equivalents on the new site.
Please check out the new site, and direct any questions or feedback to email@example.com.
The SFS Program Team