Fort Carillon, 1755/58 - 1759, Essex County, Ticonderoga.
Built by the French, and partially destroyed by them upon withdrawal in 1759.
Rebuilt as Fort Ticonderoga 1759-60 by British, captured by Americans in 1775,
recaptured by British on the way to Saratoga in 1777.
For more information see www.historiclakes.org/Ticonderoga/Ticonderoga.html (Link
opens new window.)
Back to Forts A-D Index
New York State Division of Military and Naval Affairs: Military
February 18, 2006