Battery Kessler: 1917-1949, Kings Co., Fort Tilden. Originally
called West Battery, named for Col. Percy Kessler, December 1939. Two model 1900,
6 inch "rapid fire" guns with a range of 16,550 yards. See Fort Tilden for entire
site and sister batteries.
Back to Forts E - L Index
New York State Division of Military and Naval Affairs: Military
February 20, 2006