Mount Hope Fort
Mount Hope Fort: Located 1/2 mile from the Village of Ticonderoga.
Occupied by French in 1758, strengthened by St Clair in 1776. Abandoned by Americans
and occupied by British July 1777. Was a four acre post with blockhouse, guardhouse,
and magazine. Supplemental defense to Fort Ticonderoga.
Back to Forts M-P Index
New York State Division of Military and Naval Affairs: Military
February 20, 2006