New York National Guard COVID-19 Operational Update, August 7, 2020
On Friday, August 7, the New York National Guard has 1,750 personnel on the COVID-19 response mission across New York.
LATHAM, NY (08/07/2020) (readMedia)-- On Friday, August 7, the New York National Guard has 1,750 personnel on the COVID-19 response mission across New York.
This includes 1,457 New York Army National Guard Soldiers and 180 New York Air National Guard Airmen. 113 members of the New York Guard (the State Defense Force) and New York Naval Militia are also mobilized for the mission in State Active Duty status.
The New York National Guard continues to coordinate with city and state officials for the readiness of the Javits Convention Center and conducts warehousing operations there.
Guard troops also continue to support access control at three potential alternate care sites on Long Island or Westchester that remain in a cold status.
The National Guard continues to support 15 drive-thru COVID-19 testing sites with administrative and logistical support.
National Guard have supported tests for 474,549 people since the response began.
Sites are located at:
1) Glen Island State Park, Westchester County;
2) Rockland County, Bear Mountain State Park, Anthony Wayne Recreational Area, Rockland County;
3) SUNY Stony Brook, Suffolk County;
4) Jones Beach State Park, Nassau County;
5) 777 Seaview Ave, Staten Island;
6) Bay Plaza Mall, Bronx;
7) Lehman College, Bronx;
8) Aqueduct Park, Queens;
9) 888 Fountain Ave, Brooklyn;
10) SUNY Albany, Albany;
11) SUNY Binghamton, Broome County;
12) Monroe County Community College, Monroe County;
13) Griffiss International Airport, Oneida County;
14) Niagara County Community College, Niagara County; and
15) The Buffalo Sabres KeyBank Center, Erie County.
The New York National Guard's 24th Weapons of Mass Destruction Civil Support Team is currently conducting COVID-19 testing at the Veterans Administration Hospital at 114 White Avenue in Brooklyn for staff and patients.
New York National Guard personnel conclude food packaging and distribution mission support in New York City today. Soldiers and Airmen have distributed 52,309,560 meals.
Similar food distribution missions continue in Westchester County with 234,833 meals distributed since the mission began.
New York Soldiers and Airmen continue conducting logistics missions, including warehousing and commodity distribution of medical supplies at five sites in the Hudson Valley, the Albany area, the Mohawk Valley, and New York City.
Page Last Modified: Aug 11, 2020