Selected Reserve Montgomery GI Bill Kicker Program
The MGIB Kicker is a stipend to the basic MGIB-SR (Chapter 1606 Select Reserve) or MGIB-AD (Chapter 30) benefits.
How do I qualify?
- Be eligible for either Chapter 1606 or Chapter 30 GI-Bill
- Agree to serve in a critical skill or unit
- Sign a 6-year contract
- Sign a Kicker contract
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Complete Initial Active Duty Training (IADT)
- Enter an Officer commissioning program
- Sign an Office Service Agreement (DA Form 5447-R) withing 90 days of commissioning
- Complete the Basic Officer Leadership Course (BOLC)
How much do I receive?
A $350 monthly rate is available for:
- Non-Prior Service and Prior Service applicants
- State or Federal Officer Candidate School
- Warrant Officer Candidate School
- ROTC Simultaneous Membership Program
A $200 monthly rate is available for current ARNG Soldiers.
How do I apply?
To collect Chapter GI Bill Kicker benefits, you must:
Your school’s VA Representative will then complete a VA Form 22-1999 to verify your enrollment