You may be eligible to earn up to $4,350 per year in college tuition assistance!
- Read the Policy and procedures for the New York State DMNA Recruitment Incentive and Retention Program DMNA REG 621-1
- All Applicants should download and complete the Memorandum of Understanding.
Information on the Recruitment Incentive and Retention Program (RIRP)
The Recruitment Incentive and Retention Program (RIRP) is a New York State program designed to recruit and retain quality members for the State Military Forces (Army and Air National Guard, and Naval Militia). This competitive program will pay the cost of tuition up to a maximum of $4,350 per calendar year for eligible qualified applicants.
The following are basic RIRP eligibility requirements:
(for complete eligibility requirements, see DMNA Regulation 621-1)
- Be in good standing in the State Military Forces (attend or make-up all drills and annual training);
- Be accepted and enrolled in college in an undergraduate, degree-producing program for a minimum of six (6) credit hours per semester or four (4) credit hours per quarter;
- Maintain eligibility for the entire period of your application;
- Be a resident of the State of New York for a period of 186 days prior to using the program for the first time and 186 days per year, excluding Active Duty periods.
To apply for the RIRP, a Service Member must:
- Obtain a Letter of Acceptance from the college or university that they wish to attend.
- Complete the FAFSA (PELL), and apply for TAP and any other Financial Aid.
- Complete the RIRP application in accordance with DMNA Regulation 621-1.
- Complete and file the Memorandum of Understanding. in accordance with DMNA Reg 621-1
- Submit the RIRP application to their military unit full-time representative or appropriate Education Service Representative.
ARNG Soldiers must complete the electronic application at https://www.us.army.mil/suite/page/535774.
-- No other form of application will be accepted. --
Applications (DMNA Form 96-1) must be received by the appropriate Education Service Representative at DMNA Headquarters by 15 August for the Fall semester and 15 December for the Spring semester. See your Education Service Representative for Summer semester guidance.
DMNA strictly adheres to these deadlines.
There are other benefits which members may qualify for including the Montgomery G.I. Bill, which would provide an additional monthly stipend to college students, and ROTC Scholarships.
For additional information contact your Education Service Representative:
Army National Guard
Ms. Kathy Felts at (518) 272-4051
Air National Guard
SMSgt Shawna Weeks at (518) 786-4326
New York Naval Militia
Mrs. Katherine Keller at (518) 786-4585.
OTHER LINKS AND INFORMATION: