GRE and GMAT Reimbursement Programs
Many colleges, for admission into graduate level degree programs, require the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) or the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT). The GRE and GMAT Testing Program reimburses Soldiers for the test fee cost of these computer-based admissions tests on a one-time-only basis.
Registration, rescheduling, cancellation, and “no show’ fees are not reimbursable. Soldiers are responsible for scheduling the test and paying for the test fee cost up-front and must seek reimbursement within 90 days from the test date.
The GRE General Test and GMAT are available exclusively through Prometric Testing Centers and certain selective college and university test centers. This program does not reimburse the cost of GRE Subject Exams.
How do I schedule a test?
- For the GRE General Test:
Visit the Graduate Record Examination Web site at www.gre.org.
- For the GMAT:
Visit the Graduate Management Admissions Council Web site at www.gmac.com and click on the “GMAT” option.
How do I apply for reimbursement?
- Once the test results are received examinees will complete and SIGN the DANTES GRE Reimbursement form or DANTES GMAT Reimbursement form.
- Obtain a legible copy of the GRE General or GMAT test score report and a legible copy of the receipt for the test fee and attach these copies to the reimbursement form.
- Mail or Email the paperwork discussed in steps 1 & 2 to:
TELEPHONE: (518) 272-6349
MAIL: NYARNG MNP-ED
Bldg 25, Suite 334
1 Buffington St.
Watervliet, NY 12189-4000
- Upon verification of the soldier’s eligibility for reimbursement a member of the Education Services Office staff will sign the reimbursement form and mail it, along with the other documents mentioned above, to Chauncey Group International/Educational Testing Service for processing of the reimbursement.
- Direct Credit Card Reimbursement: Soldiers that charged the test fee cost to their credit card and opt to reimbursement directly to their credit card can expect payment in two billing cycles from the date the Education Services Office receives the soldier’s reimbursement request.
- Reimbursement by Check: Soldiers requesting reimbursement by check can expect payment in 8 weeks.