Family Programs logo


Why should my dependents receive and ID card?

Spouses and eligible children should be enrolled into the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS) which can:

Who's eligible?

Unit Administrators should be directing you to a DEERS/RAPIDS site near your Home of Record. Call for an appointment, any information, and documents you will need to bring.

To schedule an appointment please go to, put in your zip code and locations and times for you to choose from will populate.

Or scan the QR code and it will take you to the link above and follow the same instructions.

If you have any questions, please call (518) 786-4406 and leave a message. You will receive a return call within 24 hours.

REMINDER: Be sure to update you and family members' eligibility information in the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS). Sponsors and family members actually lose access to their TRICARE health care benefits when “loss of eligibility” appears in DEERS; they are unable to make appointments, get prescriptions filled, or have claims processed correctly. Action must be taken by the sponsor and his/her family members to update information in DEERS as well as in their military personnel records. Reserve Component sponsors should visit the nearest ID Card issuing facility and their unit personnel shop to ensure that their DEERS information is current and correct. For additional information about DEERS or to update an address in DEERS, visit

© NYS DMNA: New York National Guard AFRPM Locations
Page Last Modified: 16 May 23