What you need to do before retiring:
- Use this retirement checklist to assist you in completing all requirements.
- Letter requesting retirement sent through chain of command to MNHF-AGR, JFHQ Latham, NY 12110
- Contact Unit Admin - SGLV, DD93, and Enlisted Records Brief (ERB)/Officer Records Brief (ORB).
- You must complete the multi-day Army Career and Alumni Program (ACAP) briefing at one of the following locations:
- Saratoga Springs (Fleet Family Center)
518-886-0200 ext. 142
- Fort Hamilton
- Fort Drum
You may also register at your local Active Army facility by visiting the ACAP Express website: https://www.acapexpress.army.mil
- Get a retirement physical at one of the following locations:
FORT DRUM: (315) 774-1117 / 2778
WEST POINT: (845) 938-7992 / 7993
- Submit your DA 31 for 20 days Permissive Temporary Duty (PTDY) (if granted by commander) and a second DA 31 for your transitional leave, ending on your retirement date.
- DA Form 4187 requesting transfer to retired reserves (If Applicable).
- Request your medical records from the records custodian in MEDCOM (518) 270-1549, Watervliet Arsenal, Watervliet, NY. You will need to bring your medical records to your retirement physical and final out-processing.
- When you go for final out-processing, you also need to bring your CAC card and know your pin.
MNHF-AGR will do for you:
- Consolidate your Active duty/AGR orders and DD214's
- Get your updated RPAS statement.
- Schedule your final retirement briefing the authorized Transition Center, before the start of your leave.
- Send all documents to specified Transition Center for processing before you get there.
- Complete your retirement orders and forward orders to Soldier and specified Transition Center.
All retirement inquiries, please contact:
SGT Stephanie Dumont-Macintyre
Phone: (518) 786-4722