FEHB/ Benefits


As a new/newly eligible Federal employee, you may be able to enroll in health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, and/or apply for long term care insurance. Here’s some basic information about each program. You can find more comprehensive information at www.opm.gov/insure, in the Guide to Federal Benefits at www.opm.gov/insure/08/guides or by contacting your agency’s human resources office.

**1 JAN 2016 -  New Enrollment Option will be available for Self +1** -  The annual Open Season beginning on November 9, 2015 will include the Self Plus One enrollment type in the available enrollment choices. This enrollment type will cover the enrollee and one eligible family member.

Federal Employees Health Benefits (FEHB) Program
FEHB provides comprehensive health insurance. You can choose from fee-for-service plans, health maintenance organizations, consumer-driven plans and high deductible health plans. Generally, premiums for your enrollment are shared by you and your Federal agency.

Federal Employees Dental and Vision Insurance Program (FEDVIP)
FEDVIP provides comprehensive dental insurance and vision insurance. You can choose from seven dental plans and three vision plans. FEDVIP features nationwide, regional, and international plans. You pay the entire premium.                                                                                                    
Federal Long Term Care Insurance Program (FLTCIP)
FLTCIP offers insurance that helps cover the costs of certain long term care services. Long term care is the assistance you receive to perform activities of daily living or supervision you receive because of a severe cognitive impairment. Your premium is based on your age on the date you apply as well as the benefit options you select. The FLTCIP is medically underwritten. Certain medical conditions, or combinations of conditions, will prevent some people from qualifying for coverage.

© NYS DMNA: Technician Resources - FEHB/ Benefits
URL: http://dmna.ny.gov/hro/tech/?page=1276787987
Page Last Modified: 25 Apr 19