Credentialing Assistance (CA)
The Army CA Program provides funding for courses and exams leading to an industry recognized academic or vocational credential. The CA Program offers certificates in industries such as IT, Logistics, Management, Medical, and Trade Skills.
- CA can be used for any credential listed on https://www.cool.army.mil/ and does not have to be related to the Soldier’s MOS
- CA will provide Soldiers up to $4,000 each fiscal year to pay for an eligible credential
- Soldiers may use both Federal Tuition Assistance (FTA) and Army Credentialing Assistance (CA); however, the combined usage shall not exceed $4,000 per FY
- CA will pay expenses for classroom, hands-on, online/blended training and associated materials to include: manuals, study guides, textbooks, processing fees, test fees, related fees for continuing education requirements, and recertification of credentials
- Soldiers may begin work on their first credential pathway upon successful completion of either Advanced Individual Training (AIT), Warrant Officer Basic Course (WOBC), or Basic Officer Leaders Course (BOLC).